185. How do you celebrate 4th of July with your family?
186. When do you remember first learning about the Revolutionary War in school?
187. Do you have any ancestors that fought in the Revolutionary War? What do you know about them?
188. What is your earliest 4th of July memory?
189. What does your community do to celebrate Independence Day?
190. What is one of the best firework shows that you’ve ever seen?
191. What is your favorite 4th of July meal?
My family doesn't have a specific 4th of July tradition. We've traveled for 4th of July - we saw a fireworks show in Roswell one year (and that was pretty cool). We've gone to friends houses and pop concerts. I've seen amazing firework shows.
One of my earliest memories is of the 4th of July. I think that I was about two years old. There is a lake outside of our town. When I was very small, my parents had a boat. I don't remember the trip out to the lake, or the launching of the boat. But, I remember sitting on my dad's lap as he drove the boat. I remember the discussion about life jackets between my mom and my grandparents (were there enough, who needed to be wearing them, etc.).
What is your earliest 4th of July memory?