171. What is one trip that you’ve recently taken that was unplanned? Why did you decide to take it? What did you experience on that trip?
172. When visiting another city, what is one of the first things that you like to do?
173. What did you do for your bachelor/bachelorette party?
174. What is the best bar-b-que that you’ve ever eaten? Where were you? Where did you eat it?
175. When was the first time you went to a baseball game? What do you remember about it? What teams played?
176. Tell one story about a random event that happened to you. Was it funny? Strange? What happened? Where were you?
177. What is one of the most shocking incidents that you’ve encountered in your work place? What made it shocking?
For this post, I've decided to do 174. What is the best bar-b-que that you've ever eaten? Where were you? Where did you eat it?
My friend and I LOVE taking mini-road trips and experiencing different adventures. She has recently decided that she wants to have pictures with the places mentioned in Josh Abbot's "My Texas" - and I can't blame her. The list is interesting:
Climb Enchanted Rock ✓
Drink Shiner in Luchenbach ✓
Go to the River Walk (San Antonio) ✓
Float the Frio
Listen to Red Dirt Music
Eat at Cooper's in Llano ✓
Go to a Houston Rodeo
Sing "Carry On" at a Pat Green show
See an Abilene Sunset ✓
Fish for trout in Port A
Hear Corpus Christi Bay
See Fireworks on Possum Kingdom
Have a Kolache in West, Texas
The Larry Jo Taylor Fest
Go to the Ft. Worth Stock Show
Sing with Cory Morrow
See a hill country sunset ✓
Hike Big Bend ✓
Encounter Lubbock Wind ✓
Go to the San Antonio Rodeo
Sing "Everclear" at a Creager show
See the El Paso Sunset
Cooper's was pretty good. I loved their vinegar based house sauce. The meat and potato salad were delicious! I grew up eating German Bar-B-Que at a little local place in town, and to me that is the best kind. We also eat (frequently) at Underwoods - which has a history of its own. The thing that I love about Texas Bar-B-Que is that not one restaurant tastes like another. The sauce is different. The meat cuts are different. Even the rolls and potato salad is unique.
Where is your favorite Bar-B-Que?