340. What are Christmas tree traditions in your family?
341. If you are Jewish what are your Hanukkah traditions?
342. If you aren’t Christian or Jewish, what other traditions do you have in your household?
343. What is your favorite Christmas song? Why?
344. What is your least favorite Christmas song?
345. What is your favorite thing about December?
346. If you made a New Year’s resolution for 2014 did you keep it?
This post I've chosen to do 340. What are Christmas tree traditions in your family?
The tree doesn't go up until the day after Thanksgiving for my family. We like to fully celebrate Thanksgiving and then focus on Christmas. The Christmas tree stays up until Epiphany (around Jan. 6) and then it comes down.
We have a tradition of giving ornaments (my sister and I get ornaments from our parents every year...and this year *spoiler* I'm giving my mom and ornament too). So, the tree at my mom's house is full of ornaments that have been collected for at least 30 years (some of them are inherited, bought, made, etc.).
I've started sitting with my grandfather in the afternoons. He has restored the upper level of his house, and he has beautiful french doors on the upper level. So, this year (the first time that I can remember) a Christmas tree went up in his house. A new tradition. A lot of the ornaments on the tree are ornaments that he made or that I made.