269. What is your favorite 1980s movie? Why?
270. What is your favorite season?
271. Do you have recurring themes in dreams or recurring dreams? What are they?
272. Identify one amazing ancestral discovery you've made.
273. What is your favorite Fall treat?
274. Do you have any weekend traditions? What are they? How did they start?
275. What is the most exotic food you've ever eaten?
This week I've chosen to do 271. Do you have recurring themes in your dreams or recurring dreams.
When I was a little kid, my dad bought a black Chevy Lumina. I remember driving to see my Nonna and Grandad (his parents) in Wichita Falls, Texas. We had taken the Lumina - so that mean that my sister and I were crammed into it. I was awful to her about riding in the car, and I remember convincing her to let me sleep with my head (or feet) on her as I stretched out in the car. I slept with the middle seat belt loose around me. I remember laying there, hearing the sound of the road as we drove along. My dad hit a dip in the road and I fell off of the back seat. I remember being outraged when I managed to untangle myself - I don't think anyone noticed...not even my sister (who had to have been asleep by that point).
My recurring dream is a falling dream. I'm always in the backseat of that black Lumina, just like I was when I was a kid. I can hear sound of the road, and I know the car is moving. In my dream, my dad hits that dip in the road and I fall off of the seat.
What's your recurring dream?