Here it is: the first post of 2014!
As I was thinking about 2013, I realized that I have done a lot this year! In 2013 I:
1. Entered my final semester for my History M.A. at Angelo State University!
2. Passed my defense for my History M.A.!
3. Translated Beowulf from Old English to Modern English - how many people can say that they've done that?!
4. Graduated with my History M.A.!
5. Left College Station for a smaller community with a better support system (I love my family, what can I say?)!
6. Entered my final semester at Texas A&M University in English!
7. Passed my defense for my English M.A.!
8. Got a grown up job!
9. Began my plans to start a business!
10. Moved back home (happily, happily, happily moved back home).
I can't wait to see what changed 2014 brings! I might move again (who can say?). I plan on starting a business. I look forward to having a GREAT job! More than anything I am so happy to be back with my family! 2013 was a year of amazing accomplishments! Now I think that I'm ready for more (and not all of the "MORE" needs to be academic)!
Happy New Year y'all!
I love family history and the various ways that it can be approached by researchers! I hope that this blog is interesting and inspiring!