8. Describe a vivid memory of your paternal grandmother.
9. What was one of your most beloved family activities?
10. Describe the organization of your childhood room (and what you thought about it).
11. What do you remember about your childhood best friend? How did you meet them? What were their favorite things to say or do?
12. Describe one unlikely adventure that you've had.
13. What did you want to be when you grew up?
14. Describe a prank you've pulled on a younger sibling.
My mother traveled frequently for work when I was younger, and my dad's parents would often come stay with us to help out while she was gone. One morning, I remember my Nonna asking me what I wanted for breakfast. I was probably six at the time, and my little eyes immediately fixed themselves upon that beautiful pink cake perched on my mother's crystal cake stand.
"Can I have a piece of cake?" I asked, hesitantly. I was sure she would refuse me. Adults, after all never let kids eat cake for breakfast. Imagine my surprise when my grandmother couldn't think of a reason to refuse me (it had to have been a weekend) and cut me a piece of cake for breakfast! I was so delighted by it I couldn't wait to tell both of my parents. It remains one of my favorite memories to this day.