248. What is your dad’s favorite story to tell about you?
249. What is one of the best cards that you’ve ever received? What was the occasion?
250. What do you remember about the end of summer and the beginning of fall where you grew up?
251. Identify one awesome genealogical find.
252. What is one trend from the 1990's that you remember? What did you think about it?
253. Tell one story about owning your own home.
254. Identify one award you’ve been given. What was it for? How old were you?
This week I've chosen to do 249. The best card you've ever received.
My family hoards birthday cards. I've got a shoe box of cards that I've been given randomly throughout my life - most of them birthday cards. I love looking at them, and seeing the handwriting of loved ones that have passed away (like my grandparents, their siblings, etc.). Cards are a big deal - I have an aunt that makes custom cards for nearly every occasion.
Most of all, I love getting cards from my dad's first cousin. She sends the best cards. No matter the occasion, they are always personal and thoughtful. She and I have a love for our family history in common, and the cards that she sends to me often have a copy of a picture included - and the story behind the picture. Her cards are definitely my favorite cards!