79. Describe one of your most memorable college experiences.
80. What is your favorite color?
81. What is your favorite St. Patrick’s day memory?
82. What were your favorite church traditions growing up?
83. What is one of your favorite childhood books?
84. Have you ever made your own recipe? What was it?
85. Who is one of the most interesting strangers you have ever met? Why?
I love meeting new people, especially when we start talking about where they came from and their experiences. So, when I considered who my favorite stranger has been, it was a little hard for me. I really had to think - was it the Canadian woman I met last month? We had a really cool discussion about her Scottish cousins. How about the cable guy who told me about his step-grandfather, who had fought in Vietnam? Or his connection to Poncho Villa? Maybe the older couple that I had tea with my last day in Scotland.
But, to date, I think one of my favorite strangers was the man I met when I was flying to New York in Spring 2006. I was a senior that year, and we were going on our senior trip (there were 11 of us).
Our conversation (that lasted for 4 hours) was very friendly, and by the time we had landed in New York, I was glad that I had sat next to a stranger that day. I am always interested in hearing about other people, their histories, and their families! As I listen to my grandfather tell stories about the people that he has met in his life, I know that one day I will tell my grandchildren about the people that I have met in mine.