15. What was your most dreaded school activity (school play’s, P.E. - and why?)
16. When was the first time you’ve ever flown? Where did you go?
17. What was your favorite road trip that you’ve taken with your family?
18. A story about your maternal grandmother
19. Your favorite urban legend growing up (or horror story).
20. Your most beloved holiday tradition
21. Your favorite picture of an ancestor
This week I've chosen to do 18. A story about your maternal grandmother. I feel like its fitting since I chose to do my paternal grandmother last week!
When I was a little kid I remember asking my grandmother if she had ever had her appendix taken out. She said that she had. I'm not even sure where I learned that word - because when I asked her I was still very small. She was about 13 years old and had gotten sick. This would have been in the late 1930s or early 1940s. Her family didn't have a car, so her grandfather and her father had to go find a neighbor that had a car. They had had to drive her into the closest city to the doctor.